share
Printer-friendly version

Chapelle Notre-Dame de la Cour

Notre-Dame de la Cour rue du presbytère
22410 Lantic
Phone : 02 96 71 98 91
Construction of this Gothic style chapel began in the first half of the 15th century. Inside there are two remarkable 15th century atrium windows and the recumbent stone figure of the Lord of Buhen, Guillaume de Rosmadec. The west wall and the neogothic bell-tower date from the 19th century.
The parochial church of Lantic is not the chapel, but the Church of Saint-Oswald, situated 2km from the present day village.
The seafarers' stained-glass window.
Notre Dame de la Cour was a celebrated place of pilgrimage for local sailors.
A stained-glass window depicts the history of fishing in Newfoundland and Iceland. Installed in 1902, it ornaments the window in the south chapel wall, depicting a procession, two fishing scenes, and sailors returning home to their country and their chapel.
A place of worship for the Virgin Mary:
The 'Vierge de Notre Dame' adorns the sanctuary. Since the 13th century, pilgrims have been coming here to worship her on the 15th of August every year.
Guillaume de Rosmadec
Became Lord of Buhen in Lantic in the 16th century and is entombed in the chapel. De Rosmadec founded a chapter here, and the sanctuary of Notre Dame de la Cour therefore became a collegiate sanctuary.


The chapel is open every Sunday from June to September.
  • Chapelle Notre-Dame de la Cour 1 - Lantic © mairie lantic
  • Chapelle Notre-Dame de la Cour 2 - Lantic © mairie lantic
  • Chapelle Notre-Dame de la Cour 1 - Lantic
  • Chapelle Notre-Dame de la Cour 2 - Lantic